Monday 18 April 2011

Teaching Practice

Catching up with the good news.

Firstly this weekend I did the 'residential' 20hr teaching practice course. It was really good. There were 12 of us and it was good to meet with others who wanted to get abroad and teach English.

The group was a mixed bag. I was the oldest (natch) and I guess 'students' were the majority. But there was a guy from MarJons college (Hi Mark) who, like me, was fed up with what he was doing (IT I think), a person who had done a PGCE but never taught and now lived in Germany, a Czech woman that had travelled a lot - so a mixed bag.

We had lots of fun, although it was pretty intense at times. We did 9 till 8 on Saturday and 9 till 6 Sunday so it was knackering too. But the good news is we all passed the teaching part of it.

So now I really need to get my head back into the rest of the online course.

The other news is I have had a 'yes' off my director re my voluntary redundancy - so it is going to happen. Good! Because I have really lost motivation at work. I just want it to stop.

I realised over the weekend how much I missed teaching. And if the classrooms are that much fun, then what the hell have I been doing sat in an office for the last 11 yrs?

On the China side I'm expecting to do a SKype interview with a school in Shanghai sometime this week. Although they may want me' to teach A'Level which may be beyond me at the moment. The tutor on the weekend said we should be aiming to start with intermediate teaching. So I'll have to wait and see what they say.

That's all for now.

PS. The pic is mine from my teaching practice - teaching emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment