Monday 9 January 2017

Yowzah - where has the time gone?

Ok my last post was just at the beginning of the semester and today I taught my last class.  I always impress upon my students that time flies but never heed that advice myself when it comes to this blog.

Yes my last class, but tomorrow is exams and I'm doing the oral English exams so that means at least six hours of listening to students who have not worked too hard struggling to speak coherently to the IELTS questions I put to them.

Then on Wednesday a staff meeting. That will last about two hours and will be in Chinese.  But then over one month off.

Thats the great thing about working in China is that they know how to have a good holiday, none of this wet weekend bank holiday stuff. Yes a solid month off for the Spring Festival and New Year. Woo hoo.

I am off to the Nam for 10 days come the 19th. Snooky of course will have to stay at the vet.

The reason why I haven't been posting here that much really, I guess, is that I have been putting all my writing efforts into finishing my Novel - Meditations on Murder which I am hoping to get out to agents and publishers soon.

The good news is that one publisher has requested the full manuscript and I'm about to send a query letter and the first 5 chapters to another publisher who is accepting submissions at the moment.

But I have to re-do my synopsis as its not as good as my query letter at the moment.

You can find out more about my novel on my other blog here

Here are some photos of my students performing at the 'Christmas Party'








No comments:

Post a Comment