Tuesday 14 June 2011

Time flys.

It's 03:45 Wednesday morning and I can't sleep so I thought I'd catch up with the blog.

One of the reasons I think I'm not sleeping is that I'm finding it hard to disengage from work. Today I got a bit shirty and stressed out with an intern who is trying to redesign the wheel or in this case the open day survey. But in the process he is causing me lots of additional work. I don't mind that but it's the constant changes he's making and his assumption that I'm there just to do his bidding.

I blame his manager. Despite me being there 11 years she has finally got her wish and has sidelined me.

I shouldn't let it get to me. But it has and I'm stressed.

As far as the china trip is progressing I had my first Chinese lesson yesterday. I have recruited a Chinese student called Henry (!). He has lived in Nanjing. We went through some basic words and phrases none of which I can now remember. But it's a start.

It's not long till I finish work. Work for the next two weeks, then two weeks holiday. Then two more weeks and I'm finished. Woohoo!

I talked to a financial advisor yesterday. He is provided by the Uni. His advice re my lump sum? Put it all into premium bonds! It's better he reckons than a low percentage tied up bank account. I guess he might be right.

I was hoping to have the paperwork for the visas as I have to go to London this weekend. I could have gone to the Chinese embassy. But it looks like that's not going to happen. Ah well it's another trip up to London soon - another day not in the office :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment